New to music photography or looking to dig deeper? Here's a list of past articles posted on www.ishootshows.com that I think you might find useful. From how to request a photo pass to the AF settings I use and what earplugs I recommend, I hope these links help.
- How To Become A Concert Photographer – My story
- 6 Tips for the New Music Photographer
- 5 Essential Live Music Tips
- How To Request A Photo Pass
- Concert Photography Etiquette
- Copyright & Concert Photography
- Recommended Earplugs for Music Photographers
- Camera Settings for Concert Photography
- AF Settings For Live Music Photography
- Metering & Exposure for Concert Photography, Part 1
- Metering & Exposure for Concert Photography, Part 2
- How to Deal With Red Lights
- How to Photograph Drummers
- 5 Tips For Changing Lenses Faster
- 5 Tips For Better Band Portraits
- How to Capture Killer Facial Expressions of Musicians
- 8 Tips for a Great Photography Portfolio
- The Best Live Music Photography Tips
- 5 Tips for Better Concert Photography
- The Timing of Concert Photography
- Concert Photographers: Please, Wear Earplugs
If this music photography “quick start guide” or any other content on www.ishootshows.com was helpful to you, please consider supporting this site and grabbing your next photo gear purchase through one of my affiliate links:
Simply clicking through any product links on this site helps me bring you free content like the photography tips and gear reviews regularly posted on www.ishootshows.com, and naturally it doesn't cost you a cent more.
I am humbled and extremely happy that this blog has helped photographers over the years. I started ishootshows.com as a way to share my passion for music photography. I am thrilled if I have had even the smallest part in helping someone fall in love with music photography and make it their own.
Todd, I learned so much from your blog when I started down this path. I was fascinated and inspired & set myself a goal to one day be half as good as you. What you shared and continue to share is priceless. @chasejarvis you should be chasing down Todd for a Creativelive session!
— Steve Perks (@camerastageleft) June 7, 2018
I'm full time weddings now but I shot shows for my high school years (09-13) and your blog was a godsend. Your work is still so inspiring and your educational posts were invaluable. Thank you Todd!!! So happy for your success.
— Lena Mirisola (@lenamirisola) June 6, 2018
— Lodi Poe (@super_roxy) June 6, 2018
I remember when I first started shooting shows your blog was my bible, thank you so much for sharing with us ?
— Kimberley Ross (@kimmika) June 7, 2018
it was 2008 when i first started going to shows, wide-eyed wondering how to shoot one. i am not exaggerating to say Todd’s blog taught me how to shoot shows. congrats! https://t.co/wEhwOzuFQl
— jessie (@thejessielau) June 6, 2018
It’s where I learned everything I did when I started this crazy dream. Still learn from it too!
— Khris Poage (@khris_poage) June 6, 2018
i LOVE reading your blog! It inspired me to shoot more concerts and events. Thank you for being such a strong influence ?
— Magdalena (@clikster) March 23, 2017
My go to when I first started. Read every blog looked at every gallery. Thanks for that. ??
— Josh (@joshhhsays) October 31, 2017